return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Where did you get your first Kitten?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: abukuchick at Mon Feb 14 20:55:53 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by abukuchick ]  

My nervous sweetie pie Macaroni was my first cat on my own. I moved out of my parent's house and to RI in July of 2001. My mom paid my rent and said no cats under any conditions, because I've always been one to get animals without permission....but my landlord didn't care and even though Mike said no I wanted a kitten for my 19th birthday (my birthday is August but I got her in early September). I went to a semi-local shelter and was so upset at how Mac and her family were being kept. They were in a wire cage that her mom could barely stand up in, outside, very close to the dog kennels. They went inside at night but they looked so sad. There was an orange tiger male and female and a cream tabby male and female. Mackie, the female cream tabby, was the one that looked the least sick and had the sweetest eyes. I couldn't take her home that day so they held her overnight for me (during that time they drew on her head with a highlighter to be able to tell her from the non-adopted ones) and I went back to get her the next day. I got there and the animal control agent was no where to be found, so I waited for 1 1/2 hours until she came back from chasing a pig...no joke! I was a naive cat owner and didn't get her a carrier in advance, so I held her in my one hand(had to steer and shift!) and she clawed me the whole 15 min. home! I got her home and she was just bounding around the bedroom, and then Mike walked in! She ran right out from under the bed, skidded into his leg and ran right back under the bed! It surprised him and he didn't really want a cat (so he thought) so I told him that they were going to put her to sleep if I didn't take her, which made him feel very special and allowed me to keep Macaroni! I told him about 6 months ago that she was never going to be put down and he just laughed, sayin it was a good lie and he was glad I told it so we could keep Roo! Good times....

-----
-Martha
Kuma
Bubba, formerly known as "Ducky"
and
Macaroni
And Now
Kola, the new fizzy kitten that has a tendency to go flat!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Where did you get your first Kitten? - JaimeMarie, Tue Feb 15 14:29:34 2005

<< Previous Message:  Where did you get your first Kitten? - PHWildCat, Mon Feb 14 18:36:20 2005