return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Where did you get your first Kitten?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Mystical at Mon Feb 21 11:25:53 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Mystical ]  

Lovely Stories of First kittens everyone , and gorgeous pictures too .

I've told my First kitten story before , but love talking about her , so here goes again .

Apart from cats when growing up , my first Kitten was given to me in 1989 by my then girlfriend, now wife ,Sarah.
I lived alone in a one room bedsit . Well , I say alone but I had a room full of snakes and lizards , but they don't really give much affection LOL!
Sarah turned up one Spring morning and said she had a surprise for me , then she placed the most adorable little tabby and white kitten on my bed saying, "I don't want you to be lonely when i'm not here".
I was a bit shocked to tell the truth, and wasn't quite sure if I wanted a cat at that stage . But those doubts vanished within less than a day when that night I woke up to find her curled around the top of my head , i just felt kinda... safe.I smiled and drifted back to sleep.
Within day's little munchie had become my everything , and as she grew the welcome i got when coming home was just wonderfull ... She had a very high pitched fast puuuurrr, and would go like mad as I placed her against my cheek upon coming home.
I'd also spend many hours playing our , 'Fetch the ball of foil' game . I'd throw a rolled up piece of foil out the window and she'd run out , down the tiles , onto the fence , then all the way back with it .

Anyway, this story has a sad ending as, Munchie lived less than a year. One morning I woke up and just Knew she was gone , I couldn't 'Feel' her . The Sky was dark grey , and rain poured down against my window . I looked at her bowl and saw the food was untouched ... I knew she was dead.
I got up and went out of the house , soon I found her dead by the road ... (This is bringing it all back , and I feel like Crying now).

She was soooo special.

A few months afterwards I knew I had to get another cat , so Sarah and i spent weeks looking around but none seemed right . That was untill we found ,'Rover' :¬)X . She was the runt of a litter of nine , and as we viewed the kittens she just sat with me purring .
I never let Rover out of the bedsit , because I couldn't stand loosing her to the road , and I knew I was moving in with Sarah soon , and Sarah lived in a much more cat friendly area.

But one more thing . When I left the bedsit and moved in with Sarah I couldn't settle , the reason why soon became clear. I could not leave munchie back there buried in the garden , I had to have her close. So I returned to the bedsit and Dug her up (I'd made her a wooden Coffin), Then re-buried her deep at Sarah's house ... instantly everything felt right and I settled.

I will post pictures of munchie tomorrow . I will have to scan them in as they are old film pictures .

Hope you all enjoyed my story of Munchie
Alan
-----
O-> O >

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Where did you get your first Kitten? - JaimeMarie, Mon Feb 21 12:14:17 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: Where did you get your first Kitten? - PHWildCat, Wed Feb 23 17:06:47 2005

<< Previous Message:  RE: Where did you get your first Kitten? - PHWildCat, Sun Feb 20 18:35:19 2005