return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

KITTEN SUCKING OWN THUMBS!!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: amyandjoey at Mon Jun 20 18:59:42 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by amyandjoey ]  

Hey all,
knew to the cathobbyist. My kitten Amy, approx. 3.5 mo. old, has sucked her thumb for about 6 weeks! it is sooooo funny and strange. you can often hear the sucking and she is sooo happy when she sucks it. she often falls asleep doing this. Her thumb area is soaking wet after. Usually she'll do both thumbs. She was weaned at nearly 8 weeks, but apparently it must remind her of her mother?? Has anyone heard of a cat sucking its thumg? I've heard of sucking blankets and humans but how would it know to suck her thumb? Amy is also obsessed with water and runs to the faucet any time she hears it running. She'll also comes in the shower with me. Yesterday when i took her for a walk we ran through a nearby sprinkler about 7 times. it was so fun! Anyone else's this obsessed??? Lastly she chews every cord and/or cord like thing from shoe laces, toys, strings, ropes, etc. in tiny little pieces with her teeth. She even chewed my mouse cord into three and both sets of my headphones in half!! it's so annoying. We can't have any toyes with strings or feathers because she'll chew the string in peices and eat the feathers. SHe also eats paper a lot. I have had to buy that bitter green apple spray and sprayed all my cords with it so she wont chew them anymore. She's so funny though. I love her!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: KITTEN SUCKING OWN THUMBS!!! - blueyedtreefrog, Tue Jun 21 14:22:04 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: KITTEN SUCKING OWN THUMBS!!! - gocatgo, Tue Jun 21 19:47:00 2005 image in post
>> Next Message:  RE: KITTEN SUCKING OWN THUMBS!!! - PHWildCat, Wed Jun 22 21:52:20 2005