return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Bad experience with spay/neuter clinic

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: noahthekitty at Tue Jun 21 09:34:10 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by noahthekitty ]  

I am still very very mad about how they treated me and my Noah. Here is the story:

Last Tuesday I took Noah to get neutered. He was just four months old like they said he had to be. You can bring your animal in between 8 am and noon. I got there at like 8:05, I was the fourth person there. She took down our info, and then took Noah from me. I thought maybe she would let me hold him until he was put under but all she said was, "Call me later to check on him." She told the guy before me to call at 2, so I decided I would call then also. When I called she said that he was not done yet and to call back at 5. I called back at 4 and she said that he was still not done and to call back at 5:30. I called back at 5:30 and he was still not done! She told me that there had been an emergency, that some cats had been attacked by dogs so they had to take care of them first. That didnt make sense to me because they are a spay/neuter clinic only and I dont know why someone would take their hurt animals there when there are about 30 vets in the area that were open at the time. She told me to call back in an hour, but I decided to go down there anyway.

When I got there, Noah was still sitting in his cage in the same place as when he was dropped off that morning. She told me that they do dogs first, then female cats, then male cats. Noah had been there all day with no food or water for 10 hours!! I dont see why they want the animals in so soon if they dont get to them until 6 pm. She said it would be an hour til he was done, so I sat down. I went back up and asked if I could hold him in his cage. She said, "Why" and I said, "Because I want to. I havent seen him all day" and she said, "I dont think that would be a good idea". My husband then said, "He has been here since 8 am!!" She went looking for him(I guess she forgot where he was even though she had been looking at him all day)I thought so I could hold him. She then whipped him back into the operating room and he was neutered. She gave him to me in his cage and said that he would not wake up until morning. I just wanted to get him out of there.

By 10 pm he had not woken up yet and I was very worried. My hubby and I ended up taking him to the emergency clinic, and they said that he was injected with anesthetic, not given gas, so it takes them longer to wake up. She also checked his blood sugar and it was kind of high but she said that stress can do that.

He ended up waking up a tiny bit when we got home but I put him in his cage because he freaked himself off when he was on my bed and I didnt want him to hurt himself. He threw up a few times that night but by the next morning he was up and around. He is now back to his old self.

I am still very upset with this place and am thinking about calling my newspaper. They have a column where you can anonymously complain about things in this area but cant mention names but I am sure that people will know where I am talking about since it is the only low cost clinic in this area. I just havent done it yet because I didnt know if I was overreacting.

Am I overreacting? I want some opinions before I actually call the newspaper.

Also here is a new pic of Noah:

-----
Noah's mommy, Karmen
~^..^~
Meow!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Bad experience with spay/neuter clinic - JaimeMarie, Tue Jun 21 12:10:33 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: Bad experience with spay/neuter clinic - PHWildCat, Wed Jun 22 21:56:59 2005