return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

We have to put Rose to sleep

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: hisgirl93 at Tue Nov 22 16:24:52 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by hisgirl93 ]  

Hi everyone,
I know I haven't been on here much again. I am pregnant! So I have been dealing with severe morning sickness (was hospitalized at one point) and unable to do much on the internet because being up at the computer makes me nauseous.

Anyway, little Rose (my felv kitten) is starting to go downhill and we are going to take her in to be put to sleep soon. I have a dilemma though, which I posted in the holistic vet board but maybe one of you will know something.

Rose has never left the room she was raised in, because of her felv status, and she is 8 months old now. She becomes absolutely terrified (hysterical) when she is taken out of the room and I can't imagine what going to the vet would be like. Although I want to spare her a painful death, I also don't want to put her through a terrifying experience to do so.

Any suggestions? Is there something over the counter I can give her to calm her down first? We are very sad...but I want to do what is best for her.
Thanks everyone.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: We have to put Rose to sleep - PHWildCat, Tue Nov 22 19:24:34 2005 image in post
>> Next Message:  RE: We have to put Rose to sleep - phtessie, Tue Nov 22 22:28:31 2005