return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Wait! That's not a Tonk!!!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: DaKatzTonknTurks at Thu Aug 11 01:31:35 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by DaKatzTonknTurks ]  

>>Ohhhhh, Sunny is so pretty!!
>>
>>Beautiful alert face and love those ears!

Thanks! She's everything I was hoping the breeding would accomplish. She looks just like her daddy did.

I've heard that TA's are great pets.

They are so long as your not overly attached to any breakable knick knacks that aren't safely put away or glued down. Turkies will, more often than not, take the high ground when ever possible.

On the AOL pet boards, someone is looking for a TA. She called a rescue organization and they turned her down because she has 10 cats and they told her that TA's are "clingy" and need a lot of attention. This person is not one of those "cat collecters". She loves all of her cats and some of them have been rescued from certain death, to find a forever home with her. She also rescued a stray who had what appeared to be a very badly injured foot. She spent a lot of time and money on this kitty to find that she had cancer in that foot. The leg has been amputated and this kitty is doing extremely well.
>>I'd like a TA owner's viewpoint on this subject. Are TA's "clingy"? Do they not do well in a multi cat household?
>>

I went to the AOL boards and found the woman's post. I e-mailed her with my information and told her to contact me if she was still interested in getting a Turkey. I don't know why the rescue said that Turkies are clingy and need one on one attention. If that was true how could breeders like me, well, breed? Perosonally I find multi cats households ideal for them. Turkies are intellegent, extremely high energy cats (even more so than Tonks) and having kitty playmates to help run some of that extra energy off is a plus in my book. Not to say that they don't do well as an only cat, they can and do. Yes, they are people cats. Yes they can, and often do, demand a lot of your attention, but they bond very strongly with their people and are loyal companions kittenish well into adulthood. Thanks for the heads up I hope I can help this person some day obtain her dreams of being owned by a Turkey.

>>WELCOME TO THE BOARDS, SUNNY!!!

She says fangs you. Show reports and any other pics will be posted on the Turkish Angora board.
>>

-----
PURRS!!!!
Tricia
Da-Katz
Tonks:Siamese on valium/Burmese on speed!
and
Turks:Turkies rule!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Wait! That's not a Tonk!!!! - Yakster, Tue Aug 9 00:57:37 2005