return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Zoo Med Repti Therm_UTH  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Past and future Tonk mommy

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: mommytobayla at Sun Jan 15 15:48:05 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by mommytobayla ]  

Hi Carol, I do remember you!
Funny thing about Ricky, I don't know if you remember the pressure I got when I was pregnant first to give him up, then to de-claw him, and I refused to do either. I had consulted a Vetrinarian in fact, and that not only left me more opposed to de-clawing but also led me to decide I would never take Ricky back there. The vet himself tried to talk me INTO de-clawing all the while pointing out the dangers, but he had declawed his own cats because he felt leather sofas were more important than his cats.
Once Bayla was old enough to crawl, she used to chase after Ricky and grab his fur in her iron fists because she liked the feel. Ricky never once scratched her. He put his paw gently onto her hand like he was covering it with his own. he did that about 3 times and if she didn't leave him alone, he would turn to me and give me a quick nip. He was so tolerant and gentle with her, and everyone was so afraid that because he was a full grown cat who had never been around children that I would have a problem. I am still so heartbroken about him, but when I decided we were ready, as a tribute to the amazing cat he was, my only choice was getting another Tonk.
-----
Mindy

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Past and future Tonk mommy - Yakster, Mon Jan 16 01:42:26 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: Past and future Tonk mommy - CarolEm&Ed, Sun Jan 15 15:35:33 2006