return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: How did you discover the Tonkinese breed

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: DaKatzTonknTurks at Mon Jan 30 10:12:25 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by DaKatzTonknTurks ]  

>>I always wonder...because most people who meet mine, Bentley and Finster especially automatically assume Siamese...and then when I say Tonkinese...they give me that blank stare...???
>>
>>I found Tonks by accident...I always loved the color of the Siamese coat and always wanted a cat with Blue eyes...so while researching the breed (and being a little disappointed) I came across the Tonks and immediately knew that was the breed for me...and have since collected all of my favorite colors!!!
>>
>>How did you hear about/find them?

I too found out how wonderful the Tonk breed is very much by accident. I'd heard about them but didn't think much of them until my dad and step-mom brought a bro/sis solid blue pair home from Tx. The little boy kitten soon made it clear that he'd chosen me as HIS hoomin. I breed one litter: bro-sis... I didn't want to do it but my dad's and sm's co-breeder had say of first breeding and he insisited on it. Unfortunately, I ran into a potential gentic liver/kidney problem and ended the line I was using by spaying and neutering everyone. Now I only have my original neutered stud, Bumbles left, and he just turned *10 years* old in Dec. Seems like yesterday he was just a 6 month old kitten! At the moment I'm concentrating on my Turkish Angora lines (pictures can be found on that breed board) but as soon as I have the time, room, and money you can bet I'll be breeding my beloved Tonks again. They're like potato chips you know: Can't have just one!
-----
PURRS!!!!
Tricia
Da-Katz
Tonks:Siamese on valium/Burmese on speed!
and
Turks:Turkies rule!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  How did you discover the Tonkinese breed - 2TonksHere, Wed Jan 25 19:31:11 2006