return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: How are you Yakster?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Yakster at Thu Feb 23 11:46:32 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Yakster ]  

Thank you for asking.

I'm still shlepping along. I think I'm doing just fine and then, out of the blue, I start to cry. Happened Tuesday on the way home from work, happened a couple of nights ago. I think part of it is that I feel responsible for ending SkuShi's life. I know, I know, we must make those decisions however I keep telling SkuShi in my heart that I'm so sorry.

I waited for over two weeks before calling the breeder to tell her I lost my baby girl because I thought I could hold it together. I got TJ's answering machine and left a message and guess what? I didn't hold it together at all. I blubbered like a baby.

Chris seems to be doing very well. He's back to his "only child" status and is eating better, drinking better, and his litter box habits are more regular. Go figure. This is why, when we lose Chris, I will get littermates; introducing a new cat to Chris was very stressful for him.

I'm being very intentional about remembering the good and fun things about SkuShi; when she'd dig into the bathroom garbage to find Q-Tips to play with, when she'd chase her tail and gnaw on it, the way she'd jump so high to catch the feather toy, her pretty face, her buzzy purr. Lord, I loved that girl!

OUR TONKS HAVE OUR HEARTS

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: How are you Yakster? - mommytobayla, Fri Mar 3 03:03:30 2006

<< Previous Message:  How are you Yakster? - mskc, Thu Feb 23 07:42:37 2006