return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Babykins and his teeth

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Yakster at Wed Apr 18 18:06:29 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Yakster ]  

I took Chris to the vet yesterday....finally! Since we lost SkuShi on 1/30/2006, I've been avoiding taking Chris in for various avoidance issues, I live in denial very well.
Anyway, my regular vet quit and moved to another clinic about 35 miles away so I packed Chris in his cat carrier and off we went. Chris is such a good traveller.
Joanna checked him out, pronounced that he is in wonderful shape for his age (18). His mouth and teeth of course are not in good shape so he needs more extractions. After a lengthy discussion about Chris' medical history and past tolerance for general anesthesia, we decided to go ahead with the procedure. No one knows Chris as well as Joanna does and besides, Joanna likes Chris and also does an excellent job of "treating" Chris' mommy.....me.
They did some labwork and we should get the results back by tomorrow, barring any bad lab values, we'll schedule the procedure. Joanna said that she'll use some nerve blocks that should last 8 hours and they have a new pain medication that is basically just brushed on the inside of the cheek and absorbed through the mucousa and it should keep him pain-free. Of course I'm worried but I can't see keeping bad teeth in Chris' mouth where they could infect, abscess and cause really horrible problems.
The new clinic where Joanna works is very nice, her boss is a woman vet who is just amazing. I met her and she brought out two teensy, 3 week old, bottle feeding kittens for me to "oohh" and "ahhh" over. She said, "I have a giant S for 'sucker' on my forehead". Evidently she takes in all abandoned animals brought to her, fosters them, and then finds homes for them. Ohhhhh those babies are so cute!! Teensy little ears, pink noses, domed heads, little paws all splayed out with needle-like claws.
If everyone could just send some positive vibes for Chris, I'd appreciate it. I expect him to do well, as he has in the past and I'll let everyone know how he does.

PRAY FOR THE BABYKINS!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Babykins and his teeth - 2TonksHere, Thu Apr 19 11:16:59 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: Babykins and his teeth - CarolEm&Ed, Sat Apr 21 15:58:41 2007