return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Not specific to Tonks, but...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: CarolEm&Ed at Sat May 19 14:23:35 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by CarolEm&Ed ]  

I was just wondering if anyone on this board had been using any of the cat food that was recalled. Am hoping, in the absence of any posts about adverse effects, that all our little furballs remain healthy and happy.

My neighbor almost lost her cat two weeks ago as a result of the food she had been feeding him as an occasional treat. She was worried that he'd been getting it and noticed that he just didn't seem to be himself. She took him to her vet, who did some bloodwork and essentially blew her off. Said he was fine, not to worry, and BTW he was sure to be around for "a few more years."

She went home and couldn't sleep for worrying. So, the next day she took him to another local vet. They redid the blood work and found that he was in the early on stages of kidney failure. They kept him for a week, pumped him full of fluids, and it appears saved his life.

Taz is now back home and doing well. He was scheduled for a follow-up visit done today. I haven't heard the results yet, but I'm thinking that no news is good news.

Just wanted to share this story to reinforce how critical that second opinion can be if something just doesn't sit right...

PS: Needless to say, my neighbor has changed vets.

Carol, Emily, & Eddie

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Not specific to Tonks, but... - PHAbymom, Sat May 19 20:56:45 2007 image in post