return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Attica

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: 2TonksHere at Wed Aug 15 15:22:08 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by 2TonksHere ]  

This morning while I was on the phone with my mother-in-law a full out prison riot broke out here...

Alastair got his paw stuck in the cat door leading to the screened porch and started freaking out...Trysta runs over to see what is going on...Alastair is howling and swiping at her but of course, she won't go away...Bentley and Finster were in the screened porch at the time and get a whiff of Alastair's pheromones and immediately start attacking each other. I'm inside the house trying to get Ali's paw out from the door, with a greyhound who is refusing to move out of the way, Alastair who is also attacking me, while I am watching Bentley and Finster through the glass wailing and hissing at each other and doing cartoon like attack moves at each other with fur flying all over the place. And my 6 year old son starts hysterically crying because he just completely does not understand what is going on...

Finally, I get Alastair unstuck, go outside to try and break up the other two, who also think I'm fair game at this point since I have Alastairs smell on me...I throw a towel on Fin and run him upstairs and lock him in the guest room, come back throw a towel on Bentley and lock him in my room...find Ali, check his paw for any damage (there was none) and lock him in my son's room....and go back down to calm Alex and check Trysta's snoot for gashes.

an hour later they were all allowed out of their time outs and have been all cuddled together again in my closet since...

I have to admit...as scary as it is...it is really unbelievable seeing nature at work...three cats who normally lay in a pile instantly turn on each other because of a innate chemical designed for that purpose...let the chemical subside and the air clear out and they are back in a pile again...

This is not the first pheromone experience so luckily I know what was going on and how to handle it...and luckily no one got hurt and my greyhound is trained to just let the cats beat up on her and not strike back...she was actually just trying to help him, she always comes to the aid of my son when he is hurt or crying...of course, my other greyhound slept through the whole thing...

What a morning!!!!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Attica - stacyann98, Thu Aug 16 09:55:43 2007