return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Bad Bad Bad Kitty

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: 2TonksHere at Wed Apr 30 09:21:32 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by 2TonksHere ]  

Because I must be a glutton for punishment, I am still trying to figure out ways to get Delilah to finally accept the other cats...

They are not making it easy for me....

She has been isolated in my guest room since January...she seems content...but with the door closed the room does not get proper ventilation and in the winter is was really cold and this summer, her furryness, will probably die of heat stroke...

So.....I bought these door screens, specifically designed to keep cats out of a certain room, they are made to fit your doorway and roll down like a shade...they are easy enough to roll up and down for access but are supposed to keep your cats out...Delilah can look out, get air...and know she is safe from the other cats...they can look in, but can't get in...problem solved...for two days...boy cats outside looking in, girl cat laying on her bed looking out...we can see her, she can see us...she is now part of the rest of the house...in time, hopefuly she will desensitize to the other cats...problem solved, right?

WRONG...Alastair is my resident problem solver...(he was the first to figure out how to get through the cat door to the litter box room)...just wasn't content laying on the other side of the screen looking in...but he realized when standing on the ground and pushing at the screen, he still could not get in...BUT...when taking a flying leap at the screen, hitting into it halfway up, his fattness was able to put enough pressure on the top roller, to flex and let out enough screen...and poof he was on the inside...(a pretty amazing sight, I must say)

As his mother I want to be very proud of his ingenuity...and am...I just wish he could use it for better things...like figuring out how to do the laundry...

I have now babygated the inside of the doorway, so the screen does not have full range of give...hopefully that does the trick...but I see Alastair is going up the stairs now...probably to figure his latest move...so I will keep you posted...

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Bad Bad Bad Kitty - TerryB, Wed Apr 30 12:08:50 2008
>> Next Message:  RE: Bad Bad Bad Kitty - PHAbymom, Wed Apr 30 22:23:24 2008 image in post