return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Bad Weekend

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: CarolEm&Ed at Mon Jun 23 18:26:01 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by CarolEm&Ed ]  

OMG!!!

I am so sorry, and please know that I am sending all the good thoughts I can muster your way.

If you don't get all the paperwork in order in time can you board Alastair or send him to a friend's house during the visit? Or, do they just show up unannounced?

Carol

>>Thanks Carol...towels are in place...but the saga is getting worse...I just got a call from South Carolina's Health department (we were in Myrtle Beach when we had to Urgent Care)
>>
>>It seems...that if you get bit by a cat and seek medical attention it gets forwarded to your local health department & animal control...whereby they come and visit your home and possibly take and quarantine the animal...(which I'm sure should greatly improve Bentley's mood...)
>>
>>Now, luckily Bentley is not only up to date on all of his shots, but he is actually licensed with my town (Matthews NC)...but they wanted my vets number to verify...with all that was going on with Shuteye (I just dropped off his body there this morning for cremation) I didn't get around to filling them in on Bentley's issues...so I frantically called them to give them a heads up...and the receptionist said she would handle it with them and said they rarely quarantine the animal if proof of rabies is furnished...
>>
>>However...I'm probably going to have to undergo the visit from animal control...and even with Shuteye gone, I am still over the 3 pet per household limit in my town without a special permit...in addition to having to pay the permit fee I might get fined...so I am pro-actively getting my permit and licensing Alastair (Fin and Trysta are already licensed)now so when they show up I am all squared away.
>>
>>My friend is coming to pick up Delilah in the morning and is going to continue the task of rehoming her while I get through my grieving, cat re-acclimations, and animal control nonsense...
>>
>>So, please keep us in your thoughts...while we muddle through the next couple of weeks.
>>-----
>>Lisa, owned by Bentley,Alastair, Finster, & Delilah

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Bad Weekend - 2TonksHere, Mon Jun 23 19:04:25 2008

<< Previous Message:  RE: Bad Weekend - 2TonksHere, Mon Jun 23 17:48:35 2008