return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Bad Weekend

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: 2TonksHere at Tue Jun 24 09:38:14 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by 2TonksHere ]  

Thanks Terry....a new kitten...how awesome...give us the details...another Tonk...male or female...color...??? And I'm sure you know, the acclimation period will suck for the first few days...but it's usually very different with a kitten because they are not phased by the older cat hissing the hear it all the time at the cattery, and they are not trying to take over and just want to play with the older cat...Liat will realize this quickly and they will be fine...what I have going on now is all sorts of adult behaviors, brought on by Bentley being an ass and the other two reacting to it...

Things are progressing here...we are up to the swapping spaces stage...and Bentley went and used the community litterbox, drank from the bowl...he played a little paws under the door game with Fin and Alastair who are sequestered in his "safe room"...but after a few minutes hissed under the door...and then walked away...and he now is on a chair basking in the sun ...

Meanwhile...Alastair has been calling for Bentley...with Shuteye gone...they know something is not right...I keep letting them see each other briefly and rubbing all sorts of towels back and forth just so they don't think Bentley is gone too...I'm not going to go any further though until Delilah is out of the house and Bentley has a day or so to realize she is gone...

And for anyone who has never fully read a cat behavior book...please go out and get one...it is really helping me "translate" what is going on...thanks so much Carol for the suggestion...
-----
Lisa, owned by Bentley,Alastair, Finster, & Delilah

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Bad Weekend - TerryB, Tue Jun 24 14:26:06 2008

<< Previous Message:  RE: Bad Weekend - TerryB, Tue Jun 24 08:40:21 2008