return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Hello to all the Tonk Lovers!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: CarolEm&Ed at Wed Jan 14 10:33:09 2009  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by CarolEm&Ed ]  

Welcome to the Tonk board!

I think you will find that all of us here are in total agreement with your assessment. These little creatures are truly special and we are very fortunate to be owned by them.

Carol, Emily, & Eddie

>>I'm new to the cathobbyist and just wanted to say hello to all the cat lovers and specifically the Tonk lovers here.
>>My partner and I have been the proud servants of 2 crazy Tonks for the past 18 months. Teyla is our platinum mink female and Rugby is our platinum sold male. They will be 2 years old on 2/25. And they have stolen our hearts completely.
>>I've been a cat lover my whole life but only found out about Tonks after our beloved 18 year-old Siamese named Anna crossed the Rainbow Bridge in March '07. Once I'd read about the Tonkinese personality I was hooked, as was my partner.
>>Long story short, Teyla and Rugby ROCK!
>>Things my partner and I have learned since having our home taken over by Tonks:
>>1. Bathroom time is no longer sacred.
>>2. If we choose to yell at Rugby or Teyla for misbehaving, we will in turn be yelled at for having the audacity to attempt to discipline them.
>>3. Headbutts are an acceptable way of showing affection.
>>4. When our attention is needed, it is needed NOW!
>>5. There will no bed sheet removal or bed making without the approval and supervision of one, if not both, of our furballs.
>>6. Running away from me really means Teyla wants me to pet her as soon as I can catch her. (Took me forever to figure this one out!)
>>7. There will be no deviating from the morning ritual of drinking coffee while rubbing Rugby's belly. To him, there is no other way to start his day.
>>8. We are ruined for any other breed. Truly.
>>9. Being owned by Tonks will have your family and friends thinking you've gone the crazy route because conversations revolve around the latest thing they've done or the most recent picture you've taken.
>>-----
>>K&C (proud servants of Teyla & Rugby)
>>Peace, Purrs & Headbutts!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Hello to all the Tonk Lovers! - Tonkinutz, Tue Jan 13 20:16:58 2009