return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Getting to Know Mew 8-18-06

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: kittyromeo at Sun Aug 20 08:00:16 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by kittyromeo ]  

At the age of 18, I decided I was going skydiving. I had never been in a plane before!

The center my frineds and I went to was well known at the time, they had done jump master training for the army and those newly minted instuctors in turn returned home to teach the grunts. So our instructor was really good at bellowing, he scared me a little.

Our first jump went fine. Out the door at 3,000 feet, climb on to the strut under the wing of the plane, he'd scream to let go, hands off, we'd drop until we hit the end of the static line which pulled the parachute for us. It was great!

It was so great we went back for another jump. Only this time we got the owner of the place, a quiet, pleasant man in his late 30's. Up the plane went, the door opened, I was first so out the door I went to hang on the stut of the plane under the wing...the guy smiled and nodded at me. I smiled and nodded back. He nodded. I smiled. Then the pilot got into it, yelling something about why didn't I let go? I had missed the jump zone.

So there I am, literally flapping in the breeze under the wing of the plane like a streamer from an air conditioner while they had to vey carefully circle back keeping the plane banked because if he leveled out, the door would swing shut and hit me. Then they had to check the winds by dropping rolls of streamers. Finally the guy smiled at me and yelled "GO!!"

Smiling, I let go.

On my jump card, the instuctor wrote, "nice smile"

Purrs,
Elizabeth

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Getting to Know Mew 8-18-06 - PHTessie, Sun Aug 20 19:38:10 2006

<< Previous Message:  Getting to Know Mew 8-18-06 - PHMadameAlto, Fri Aug 18 21:44:48 2006 *HOT TOPIC*