return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Happy Late Thanksgiving

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: cyclopsgrl at Sun Nov 26 07:56:10 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by cyclopsgrl ]  

I just got back from spending Thanksgiving week with family in Iowa. Had a nice time. My cousins hosted the Thanksgiving meal and we had 11 of us...

Usually, I host Thankgiving here. My cousin Maria and her family comes. She lives in Philly and I live in Maryland, about three hours apart. We are the only family east of the Mississippi River. Everyone else is primarily in the midwest (with some in Texas and California). However, Maria's family keeps growing and growing and growing. They now have four small children under the age of eight. With each child, hosting Thanksgiving gets less and less enjoyable. All four are very active and my condo is very small. I am exhausted after hours of cleaning, cooking, and cleaning again, along with running after small kids that are like catching greased pigs squirting around the house getting into things... Too much now that she has four small ones.

So, I think this year spending it in Iowa with my parents and family worked out in more ways than one and I'll probably continue the tradition. I'll spend Christmas at Maria's where it is almost as much work helping with cooking and kids, but if they knock something over, like a TV, it is hers, LOL. I'll invite them here in the Spring when it is warm enough to play in our large city park and we can go out for Pizza after. Much easier to handle with them rough housing outside and not having to cook for them (each kid likes something different to eat -- very picky and she caters to it making different food for each of them at meals).
-----
Tammy
Stanley and Pookey

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Happy Late Thanksgiving - kittyromeo, Mon Nov 27 06:21:39 2006

<< Previous Message:  RE: Getting to Know Mew - 11-21-06 - JaimeMarie, Fri Nov 24 06:16:46 2006