return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Wax On, Wax Off

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: cyclopsgrl at Sat Jul 28 10:52:38 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by cyclopsgrl ]  

I think my Mom would have survived the Spanish Inquisition. She's tried everything thru the years and says, "It wasn't too bad..."

Me, I've stuck to razors. She'll mail me one of the alternative methods thru the years... Once she sent an electrolosys wand that has a long needle you run along side the shaft of the hair and mildly shock it (9V battery in the wand). I tried it on a stray hair on my face and thought I was going to die... Threw it away after one use, thanked her profusely for it...

Another time, when I was in Germany (Air Force), she sent an "Epilady". If you vaguely recall, those had rolling coils on the top of them that virtually ripped your leg hair out by the roots as you rolled it over your leg... You had to let the leg hair grow out something like 1/4 an inch for it to work, then you start ripping it out with the interwoven revolving coil head...

Well, I had a couple girlfriends in my dorm room hovered around when she sent it, curious. I took it out of the box and tapped my friend on the leg with it and she screamed, causing all three of us screamed in chain reaction and fly off the couch, knocking the couch over backwards. I hadn't even turned it on yet, just pulled it from the box and tapped her knee as a joke. Well, after that, we threw it away, knowing none of us would even try it, and tanks my Mom profusely for it...

Anyone out there gone thru any of the torture methods successfully? I'd think waxing your legs would be as bad as any above, if not worse. Large patch of wax ripped off...

Mom has tried all of the above and has had no complaints. This means, they are probably all horrible...
-----
Tammy
Stanley and Pookey

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Wax On, Wax Off - pmantone, Sat Jul 28 13:14:29 2007
>> Next Message:  RE: Wax On, Wax Off - kittyromeo, Sat Jul 28 15:08:06 2007

<< Previous Message:  Wax On, Wax Off - cyclopsgrl, Sat Jul 28 10:46:07 2007