return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Pookey (Doing Well) (Long)

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: cyclopsgrl at Fri Aug 31 16:29:37 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by cyclopsgrl ]  

Thank you all. This board is a great comfort, many times folks don't feel about pets as we do, they don't understand it can be very, very difficult to say goodby to a beloved member of the family.

Tessa, you mentioned something I spoke to my cat sitter earlier today about when we were setting up Pookeys visits. I think he knew something was wrong with Stanley. Pookey has been in the shadows for a while now while I focused on Stanley with various medications for his anemia, constipation, and frequent smells of the vet from checking on his kidney values every 90 days and starting the sub-q fluids Friday (and finding out he had lost 3 pounds in a very short amount of time). He had become lethargic the past 3 or 4 days and energy ebbed. I spent a great deal of time trying to get him to eat -- feeding him 3-4 times a day if he'd eat a few treats...Pookey pretty much hid out. Stanley had become somewhat antisocial and didn't really want to be petted much (would kind of grumble) or visited by his brother. Pookey was very gentle with him when he came near him. The last night, he couldn't make it all the way down the hall to me. Made it half way after I called out to him a few times. I brushed him, something he LOVES, he liked it for a bit, but walked away and went to lay down in his cat bed to be left alone. Something he normally would never do.

I am rambling. I do believe you are right, Tessa, Pookey knew there was something wrong and this is the first time in a long time he is not overshadowed by Stanley's needs and has more attention just on him.
-----
Tammy and Pookey
(Stanley 8/91 - 8/07)

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Pookey (Doing Well) (Long) - ttpurr4cat, Sat Sep 1 08:31:05 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: Pookey (Doing Well) (Long) - ttpurr4cat, Fri Aug 31 15:48:00 2007 image in post