return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Where'd they go?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: cyclopsgrl at Sat Jun 7 09:27:16 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by cyclopsgrl ]  

But our friend has a friend and now we need to get a bigger bed for two friends.

====

How funny! I love how they worded that. But, I do say, if you can't fit into the bed I have in my house, that is why they make sleeping bags, air mattressess, and hotels! I don't upgrade my furniture to match my house guests, LOL! Unless, hypothetically, my Mom or someone was coming to stay with me long term...

Speaking of my Mom. She does really well on the Free Cycle site in her neighborhood. Especially when my niece was younger. She got some very nice gently used items for her (baby gates, etc...)

She also inherited my brother's dog, Levi, when my brother left town. Levi is a year older than my niece (that Mom inherited and adopted). Having the two of them was too much, but we all loved Levi and agreed she'd keep him until we found a good home. He was a half Boxer, half Shar Pei. Beautiful dog, looked like a blue/black smokey colored Laborador (but with the Boxer body and Shar Pei ears). Wonderful dog. They live in Texas, I am in Maryland. I am single in a condo, but was seriously thinking of how I could handle Levi as he is such a good dog (just too big and too much for my Mom to take on as well as a baby/toddler).

So, Mom had him a couple years and then met a woman on Free Cycle. They had discussed dogs and woman, at the time, had a half Pitt Bull, half Shar Pei mix. She loved her dog. Mom never even thought to mention Levi to her at that time. However, he was older, and as fate would have it, unfortunately passed away months after they met.

She contacted Mom about an item and mentioned her beloved dog passed away. The lightbulb went off for Mom and mentioned Levi. Long story short, the woman met Levi and fell in love with him. Her kids were out of the house and it was just the woman and a cat and a hole in her heart where her dog "Champ" used to be. The woman met Levi, took him, and acutally moved into a bigger place so he had a bigger yard to play in. Both my Mom and the lady kept him indoors and just let him out to play and go to the bathroom thru the day.

They get along fabulously and she constantly sends Mom updates and pictures on him. It worked out so well for him -- he is doted on...

One side note. The cat the lady had was a mean old Tom cat that didn't like anyone and barely tolerated "Champ". She was nervous about Levi meeting the cat. She woke up in the middle of the night the first night and the cat and Levi were in bed with her. The cat cleaned Levi's face and then curled up with him to sleep. We all melted...
-----
Tammy and Pookey
(Stanley 8/91 - 8/07)

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Where'd they go? - ThreeCalicos, Sat Jun 7 18:48:19 2008
>> Next Message:  RE: Where'd they go? - kittyromeo, Sun Jun 8 21:15:21 2008

<< Previous Message:  RE: Where'd they go? - 3coolcats, Fri Jun 6 10:36:24 2008