return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Tammy?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: gocatgo at Sun Nov 2 20:44:17 2008  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by gocatgo ]  

When we first moved in this house in May 1990, we were required to carry flood insurance for the first 5 years because this was a new housing development in the suburbs corn fields and it wasn't known if it was a flood zone. As it turned out, it never flooded so we were able to drop the pricey flood insurance. On my house, I have American Family insurance and it paid $3,000 for the damage.

I had a new furnace and A/C installed the other day, not due to water damage but figured it was time to replace them before they conked out since they are getting old. The installer said that it was none too soon because they were on their last leg. I'm getting ready for winter. Now I'm looking for somebody to blow in more insulation before winter because the energy company will pay 70% of the installation and loan the blower. Mid American did an energy survey on this house and recommended a new furnace, A/C and insulation.

Sorry that FEMA and the insurance companies aren't treating the people very well. I keep seeing Governor Culver on TV complaining to the government about the faulty FEMA trailers that the people were provided with. Some people in the Des Moines flood area got some of those FEMA trailers too. I do think that the people in Iowa were treated much better than the citizens of New Orleans though. That was such a tragedy!

You have been helping your little old neighbors and also the young one who had water damage so even if the angels are laughing instead of smiling, you surely will get good karma because you're a good person!

Hugs to Pookey! Tell him to go into the cat house and he'll like it. When I got this new cat tree, the cats wouldn't touch it until I sprinkled catnip on it. Now they love it.

-----
Ruby and the Kitties
Simba, Samantha, Katrina & KatyKatt
Meow!! Meow!! Meow!! Meow!!

How wonderful to do nothing and then rest afterwards. Meow!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Tammy? - JaimeMarie, Sun Nov 9 20:27:44 2008

<< Previous Message:  RE: Tammy? - cyclopsgrl, Sun Nov 2 09:47:55 2008