return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Got Any 2%

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: gocatgo at Tue Feb 9 10:42:20 2010  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by gocatgo ]  

Hi Tammy, Yes, my house is looking fantastic...even better than when it was brand new because Josh is installing all of these high end things. He starts working on it first thing in the morning and keeps it up till late at night. KatyKatt does not appreciate all of the noise though and spends a lot of time either hiding under my bed or if she's on my bed, trying to stare down Josh. ha! My son, Paul, has his own painting company and taught Josh how to paint professionally so he's also painting and everything is looking GREAT!

I feel bad for you just entering phase 2 of the storm. When you get a break, you should probably go to the store and stock up for round 3. Don't know how you can stock up on milk though. I have two stores very close to me...one is about 2 blocks and the other is maybe a quarter of a mile (or is that the same?)so we really don't have the food problem. David and Paula are so mad about having to make up school days. They are talking about either Sat classes or cutting into the spring break but neither one is acceptable to the kids. David works all day Saturdays so that would cut into his schedule at Super Target.

I know what you mean about the mounds of snow being so high. When the city cleans the streets, there are piles of snow up to 11' high and you can't see around them when you're trying to pull out into streets. We've also had accidents just from the snow mounds tipping over into the streets. When it snows, it's just more snow accumulating over the already several feet of old snow. Here's an article from the Des Moines Register which should answer your record breaking question. Looks like so far this season we have had 50" and that does not break the 1911-12 record.

Poor Simba is so heartbroken from being stuck inside all winter. He and Katrina go to the deck door and meow for me to open it and let them out. As soon as I open it, they see the mounds of snow and feel the cold air and turn around and walk away with their little heads hung down. Poor babies.

I hoping for an early spring for both you and me. (Also for Katrina and Simba and the kids.)

Des Moines Register article

-----
Ruby and the Kitties
Simba, Samantha, Katrina & KatyKatt
Meow!! Meow!! Meow!! Meow!!

How wonderful to do nothing and then rest afterwards. Meow!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Got Any 2% - cyclopsgrl, Tue Feb 9 11:01:34 2010

<< Previous Message:  RE: Got Any 2% - cyclopsgrl, Tue Feb 9 08:24:43 2010