return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Questionable Breeder Behavior

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PHAbymom at Tue Apr 12 00:37:41 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PHAbymom ]  

While I can't speak for your breeder, I can tell you it is often a difficult task to choose which kittens to keep and which to sell. In some breeds it is often difficult to tell which cats will develop traits you want to perpetuate in your breeding program until the kittens are 8-12 weeks old or more. On that basis, I can understand why she might have changed her mind on which kitten or kittens to keep in her cattery.

While many breeders have waiting lists for kittens, it would seem that your breeder may have jumped the gun in allowing the person ahead of you and yourself to select kittens before they had developed sufficiently for her to decide which she was keeping. Although I know breeders who are still trying to decide while the buyer is sitting in the other room waiting to meet the kittens.

I think your breeder may just have been a bit to anxious to get comittments for her kittens rather than being unethical. If you are very uncomfortable dealing with this breeder, don't buy a kitten from her, but do let her know that you feel she should have handled the kitten selections in a better manner; nicely, of course.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Questionable Breeder Behavior - nicoleRipley, Tue Apr 12 07:27:48 2005

<< Previous Message:  Questionable Breeder Behavior - nicoleRipley, Mon Apr 11 17:29:32 2005