return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Cat Extermination at NIPSCO in Wheatfield, IN

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: karlacue at Fri Jul 18 09:02:44 2003  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by karlacue ]  

>>I need some advice on the following subject:
>>
>>My father works at NIPSCO (local power company) in Wheatfield, IN. Since the plant has opened there has been a wild cat population there. In fact, most of the cats I had throughout childhood came from the plant as kittens. There have never been any problems with the cats and the workers (except one manager who recently claimed a cat jumped on his chest as he was walking down the hall to get an apple that he was eating). Most of the cats live outside as the plant is in the middle of the country. This past week they have initiated an extermination program of ALL the cats, including one that the workers donated money to have fixed.
>>
>>I was wondering if anyone can give me any advice as to what actions we could take to prevent this. As it is occurring right now, we need to act fast.
>>
>>Thank you,
>>Cassandra Kiger

I dont know where wheatfield is located (i live in lafayette). Here there is a no-kill organization named north central indiana spay and neuter (www.pleasespay.org). You may want to contact them by email and also your local shelters and humane societies. They may lend you humane traps to get the kitties. I know there are ways to relocate feral colonies, and also that many feral cats can actually be socialized with a lot of patience and adopted out. Another organization you can contact is alley cat allies (www.alleycat.org), they may know if someone can help you in your area.
Good luck and GLOW to the kitties. I will post this message elsewhere to see if other people are able to help you.
-----
Bob, Daisy, Karla and the Goldfish

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Cat Extermination at NIPSCO in Wheatfield, IN - meow2me, Fri Jul 18 09:05:39 2003
>> Next Message:  I contacted alley cats allies - karlacue, Fri Jul 18 11:47:35 2003

<< Previous Message:  Cat Extermination at NIPSCO in Wheatfield, IN - kazsy, Thu Jul 17 18:17:43 2003