return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Kitten!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Sasheena at Mon May 17 22:55:58 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Sasheena ]  

Hey, my tribe of kitties, (sadly fewer, since the neighbors moved in and their dog ate the two that were favorites for my hubby and I), has produced kittens. We plan on capturing and getting fixed all of the kitties that frequent our home. We knew that one of the females had had babies, and hoped she would bring the babies to us, so we could get them shots, fixed, and people friendly.

Yesterday I heard mewling, and found a little cutiepie out in our garden, crying his eyes out for his mommy (we haven't seen her in a few days and are afraid she's been killed). I walked right up and picked him up, without a single scratch or hiss. He's approximately 6 to 8 weeks old, I would guess, with a VERY solid little body and huge feet. Orange tabby, with white bib, tummy, paws, and the tips of his ears are also white. We name all cats that visit, and when the mother cat was in heat, one of the visitors was "Agent Orange" an orange tabby, which makes me think he must be the father kitty. So we've named this little guy "Napalm". We've spotted one other kitten, a little long haired gray tabby, hiding under an outbuilding. We are hoping to catch him/her too and already have a name picked out: Dynamite.

The thing that baffles me about little Napalm is that he hasn't had any appetite. WE've had him 24 hours and he hasn't had any water, milk, softened kitten food, or even some finely chopped steak. He HAS used the litter box we provided him. We have him in the spare bathroom and hope to get him a kitten flea collar. Once we catch "Dynamite" we hope to bring both in to the local veterinarian and find out what the tab will be to get them all their shots and also to get them fixed. We know of a place that is 100 miles from us that does spaying and nuetering for free for feral cats, and we hope to catch the three main cats in that to get them fixed, but we'll be paying for the two kittens, as we hope to make them OURS and also to break the cycle of kittens by having them fixed.

should I be worried that Napalm hasn't eaten or had anything to drink? He was frightened when I first caught him, and is more alert now, preferring to be held to being set down.

Anyway... I've rambled a lot, I look forward to any input that can be provided.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Kitten! - golfdiva, Wed May 19 21:36:56 2004
>> Next Message:  Follow Up - Sasheena, Tue May 25 12:21:28 2004