return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

antibiotics and cats...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: sexyaleutgirl at Sun Oct 8 19:31:31 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by sexyaleutgirl ]  

hello, i am writing with concern about my cat, smokey. he's a little over 3 yrs. old and he recently was not acting like himself so i took him to the vet. it turned out that he had a temp of 105 and had to stay in the hopspital for 3 days on IV and other medicines including a derivitive of amoxicillan. he was on the antibiotic for about ten days and for most of the time has not been eating or drinking. i've been feeding him water and nutritous cat milk with a dropper for days now. and have bought all varities of foods to try to get him to eat. i called the vet about it and he said to bring him in again. his last visit was over 200.00 and i cannot afford another stay for him at the vet. his temp is normal, it's just that he's not eating and drinking on his own and he is doing most of the things he normally does and his eyes look good, he's alert. is there anyone that knows about the effect antibiotics have on cats, and how long it lasts? the vet said he has a virus but still gave him antibiotics anyway. i looked on the internet and found others with the same problems from their cats taking antibiotics, trying to find answers too. I appreciate anyone's help.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  alternative worm treatments? - Cailin, Thu Oct 19 11:09:16 2006
<< Previous topic:  cat seems scared of food - jimmyhoffa53, Wed Oct 4 20:59:11 2006