return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Young cat very thin & won't eat

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: theangelheart at Fri Oct 20 02:49:07 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by theangelheart ]  

I have a six month old female; we adopted her from a stray mom in our neighborhood who we feed every day, and appears to be in good health. In the beginning, the kitten, Bella, ate very well, although she was always thin & lanky. Seven weeks ago our vet examined her, and said she looked good except for being thin, and gave her worm medicine (I thought she was not gaining weight due to worms). We use a good quality cat food, Maxximum, and we share our chicken, pork, hamburger, cheese, etc. with her, and she used to love it all. Three weeks after the vet, we gave her some over the counter medicine for roundworms. I noticed a couple weeks ago that her appetite had decreased, and she would not eat her usual cat treats. Through all of this, she has always been very active and played all the time, but over the last week she has hardly been eating at all and seems to be getting weaker. I have been putting kitten milk on canned food to entice her, but she will just take a few licks of the milk and that's it. I have not noticed her being especially thirsty. We also have an 11 yo male, a 4 yo female, a 1 yo male, and a 9 week old female, all of whom "found" us. The other cats are all fine, eating well; the baby is gaining weight and is super feisty. Bella is the sweetest cat! She is so mellow and easy going; she gets along with all the cats and is especially bonded with the oldest male. The only thing I can relate her decreased appetite to is about seven weeks ago the oldest male got out and was out overnight, while searching for him we found the baby. The vet examined the baby at the same time he examined Bella, and she too was thin but seemed okay otherwise, and has since been growing and gaining weight. I know this is long, but I wanted to give all the details. I am a student and have two children; monetarily there is just no way for me to take her to the vet againand have not been able to afford to have her or the baby vaccinated yet. Thank you so very, very much!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Young cat very thin & won't eat - PHDrTobin, Fri Oct 20 11:01:28 2006