return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Urinary problem? or behavior?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: shutterbug at Tue Dec 12 18:18:28 2006  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by shutterbug ]  

Dear Dr. Tobin,
I received this link from a great friend and she told me to be very detailed with my problem so please bear with me as this may be long.
I adopted Jude from my vet, she is 3 years old. This past summer she had a urinary infection. We had a very stressful time in our home and my vet assured me it was the stress that caused it. She was on Amoxicillin(?) at first but it wasn't doing anything so they put her on Baytril. They also recommended that we switch her food to be safe. We were feeding her Eagle Pack (soft). She is now on Royal Canin's Urinary S/O soft and dry. She only picks at the dry, half a cup in her dish seems to last a long time.
We just moved a month ago and this past week I noticed that she was in her litter box lots and squatting, not producing much urine, licking at herself so I called my vet and he put her on Baytril again. She has been on it for 6 out of 10 days and she is peeing a little more but not as much as I think she should be. Usually you can hear her quite well, kinda like Niagra Falls when she goes.
My husband works from home and she doesn't spend any more than her usual time in her litter box during the day when I am at work. In the mornings and when I come home from work she starts digging in her box and squatting quite frequently. I was talking to the vet tech today and she seems to think we have more of a behavior issue and that Jude is experiencing some separation anxiety and is doing this to get my attention. When we first moved she was really acting out , spilling her water dish all the time so we moved it and she hasn't done that since.
She has a great appetite, is full of energy, she's not lethargic at all, drinking her water no problem, this is the only problem we are having with her. Any thoughts or suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated.
Linda

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Urinary problem? or behavior? - PHDrTobin, Wed Dec 13 08:12:10 2006