return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

FLUTD

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: reedmorgan at Fri Aug 31 10:58:18 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by reedmorgan ]  

I have two cats (both about 18 months old) and up until earlier this summer they were both on natures variety frozen raw food diet. Unfortunately one of my cats developed urinary blockage 3 times over the summer with the final result being surgery to shorten his urethra. During the first bought the vet prescribed a Hill's C/D diet for him, which the vet insists that he should be on for the rest of his life. I'm not comfortable with this, in fact I feel as if he has suffered some health problems already since starting the C/D (I.E. the quality of his coat has gone down and the amount he is shedding has increased, as well as his breath starting to smell really bad). My vet will not offer another diet, I'm assuming because that is what he is paid to do. After doing some research I have found some homeopathic supplements to add to regular food. I would like to resume the Natures Variety frozen with some sort of added supplement to control his Ph. It would be wonderful if I could make his food at home but with my current situation it is not possible (I have a really old fridge that has a very small freezer that will freezer burn anything kept in it for too long).I feel like I'm keep hitting a wall, and with as much information as there is out there I am just not comfortable changing his diet without a professional opinion. Also, any help or references for holistic vets within San Francisco would be more then amazing!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: FLUTD - PHDrTobin, Tue Sep 4 18:01:53 2007