return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Urine retention due to chill

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: quill at Tue Nov 13 08:36:02 2007  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by quill ]  

I did as you recommended and there seems to have been a reaction, I don't know to what, but it happened after I gave her the second Arsenicum album pellet. After about 20 minutes she acted like she had a sore stomach, moved in slow motion, then slept for 12 hours, after which she drank about 2 cups of water and is still going to the water dish. I don't know if this behavior is in reaction to the pellet or if it could be a cumulative reaction to the cranberry(unsweetened) I have been giving her previously thinking that she had crystals had been causing the urine retention, or the fact that I've been trying to switch her over to a raw food diet and have been giving her raw beef which she loves to eat(only about 1/4 cup or so a day). I don't know what to do at this point. I understand when animals are ill, even in the wild, they will go off in seclusion for days and even weeks, not eating, perhaps drinking water- a self-imposed fast in order to deal with whatever the disease is that they are fighting. But what about the threat of hepatic lipidosis? Uusually when an animal doesn't want to eat people force food thinking that the animal needs nutrition. I would like to go along with the wisdom of my cat, that she knows if and when she wants to eat, but I'm concerned about how long I let this go on. the threat of hepatic lipidosis, and that she is drinking quite a bit of water. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Urine retention due to chill - PHDrTobin, Tue Nov 13 09:29:32 2007

<< Previous Message:  RE: Urine retention due to chill - PHDrTobin, Tue Nov 6 09:55:42 2007