return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Rabies & Rabies Vaccine Question

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Cat Discussions ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: thetwins at Mon Mar 26 22:36:05 2012  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by thetwins ]  

Thank you! We are saddened by his loss. He was only 1 and a half years old and his death was so sudden.

I talked to the vet today when I stopped by to get my carrier back from them, and I showed her his rabies tag, so she could make a copy. I asked her what the odds are that he had rabies with being vaccinated and never being bit, and she never really gave me a real answer. She did tell us not to worry, and that now she doesn't really think it was rabies, but she has to legally rule it out as an option. I guess we will find out in a few days whether or not he had rabies. I had searched the internet all over just to see if there were ever any cases of an animal with the rabies vaccine getting rabies and I have yet to find one. Every website says that vaccination is only way to guarantee the animal will not get rabies. So, I am so confused by all of this. I do not think my cat had rabies, because there were not many rabies symptoms. Yes he was drooling, but he was never aggressive, he did not have trouble swallowing, and he did not suffer from paralysis. After researching the internet, his symptoms matched that of poisoning, but his chemistry tests came out fine. I'm not sure what happened to him, but it happened so fast.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  advice please - steffke, Wed May 23 14:52:48 2012
<< Previous topic:  Sick cat hissing at other cat - kellyk, Wed Feb 8 14:00:49 2012