return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

the things our turtles do

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Turtles ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: VC365 at Thu Jul 16 22:47:25 2015  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by VC365 ]  

Hey guys, I'm brand new here and thought I'd say hi and start off with a turtle story.

When I was in high school, my mom adopted a turtle from a friend who was sick and couldn't take care of him anymore. It took us months to come up with a name for him. He had a different name every week till oneday I just called him Trouble, and the name just stuck. We couldn't have picked a better name for him because he certainly lived up to it. He was quite the escape artist and loved to climb out of his aquarium. We kept him in the kitchen at the back of our house, and one time he escaped and we found him by the front door. There was another time when we took him outside and we turned our back for 5 seconds and he went under the car. My dad ended up having to use a broom to get him out. Trouble ended up going to a new home with a little boy who was obsessed with turtles. What ended up happening was that my kitty Buttercup decided to swing from a potted plant, and the entire thing toppled over, and my poor little man hit his head on the corner of the turtle tank. Needless to say, Trouble's aquarium shattered into a million pieces, but at that point we were so worried about our Butters. I stayed up all night and didn't sleep a wink, but thankfully he was fine. Butters was my little ironhead.

If anybody has any good stories feel free to share them.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]