return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Cancerous tumor in bearded dragon

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Bearded Dragons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Johnenewt1 at Sun Nov 13 10:20:55 2016  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Johnenewt1 ]  

Hi. I have a 9-year old female bearded dragon who has developed a cancerous tumor in her right shoulder. I noticed her having a right-arm spasm every time she tried to use her arm and then noticed an internal lump developing on her shoulder. I brought her to Dr. Heidi Hoefer here in Long Island, NY, who took X-rays and said even though I brought her in as soon as I noticed the problem, unfortunately the cancerous tumor started in her lung and spread to her shoulder and is inoperable. She said if you attempt to remove it and don't get all of it underneath her ribs, it will become twice as aggressive and would have been all for nothing. Heidi told me if she had a dollar for every bearded dragon that comes in with a tumor, she'd be rich. She said she also has no idea why this happens. My beardie can no longer use her right arm and the ball is growing in size. Her Mom died in the same way at 12-years-old, in the exact same location. I assume it is hereditary. The tumor lasted a year before she died. My other 8 bearded dragons are completely healthy, so I assume it has nothing to do with their diet. They get calcium/D3 dusted and organic leafy greens every day (multi-vitamin weekly) and superworms every couple of weeks. She is eating well despite the tumor.

I'm wondering... it's supposedly a proven fact that cancer cannot exist in humans who are on a high PH / highly oxygenated diet. All you have to do is look at high-PH food charts online and eat fruits and vegetables that are alkaline/high PH. I wonder if I give these specific foods to her if it would shrink the tumor in a bearded dragon. Does anyone have experience or thoughts on this? If so, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

John

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

• You Are HereCancerous tumor in bearded dragon - Johnenewt1, Sun Nov 13 10:20:55 2016

>> Next topic:  Clear bumps - alex25, Wed Dec 14 18:45:34 2016
<< Previous topic:  Female Hypo Trans Citrus Orange Leatherb - qbrown12, Sun Jul 24 14:57:02 2016