return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Reintroduced Siamese Crocodile exhibits first time nesting . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Chameleon acting strange

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Chameleons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: LMcMichael at Mon Dec 11 16:57:25 2017  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by LMcMichael ]  

I bought a female veiled chameleon from a pet store about a 2 weeks ago. They are unsure about the age, but i know she is at least 4 months old by how long they have had her and how long it took us to set her cage up. We are currently in the process of finishing her permanent large cage. Here is her set up:

Cage 16x24x24 screened except for the back Food: crickets dusted with calcium w/vitamin d twice a week, multivitamin 1x month. Lighting: repitsun uvb 5.0 and reptisun basking lamp. No heat source at night Water: dripper for most of the day and misting 3x day Plants: mostly artificial vines and small croton plant. Moved most of live plants to new cage already Temp: 87-90 basking depending on time of day, 72 in cool area.

My issue is she has been fine as far as activity and eating until yesterday. I noticed a change to darker green yesterday and she seemed sluggish. Today she drank first thing this morning but has only eaten 2-3 of her crickets. When I checked on her 2 hours later, she was laying on a branch with her front legs dangling. I took her out, cleaned her cage and she is moving fine but when she is in her cage she only wants to lay around. Her grip strength seems fine. Any ideas on what could be going on? I will take pics when I get home.

https://imgur.com/a/9B37G

The first pic is 2 days ago, the other 2 are from today.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]