follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Nature Zone
Live Reptiles, Cages, Feeders, More...
Online/Stores/Expos - LLLReptile.com
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Orlando - Jan. 27-28, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Oklahoma City - Jan. 27-28, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  New England Reptile Expo - Jan. 28, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Feb. 01, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Jackson - Feb. 03-04, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Charleston - Feb. 03-04, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  Jacksonville Herp Society Meeting - Feb. 03, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  East Coast Reptile Super Expo - Feb. 03, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Feb. 07, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Nashville - Feb. 10-11, 2018 . . . . . . . . . . 

full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Click here for Extreme Hogs
pool banner - $50 year

Do rabbits get dementia?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Insects, Spiders, Inverts ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: jensenbreck at Tue Dec 26 05:56:58 2017  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jensenbreck ]  

Hi,

I really need your thoughts please....

Our house rabbit, a neutered male, is around eight years old. He is free range in one room, with a big cage that he enters to eat, and to use his litter tray. Until about a year ago he poo-ed and wee-ed only in the tray. Then he began to be a bit casual about pooing elsewhere in his house. He has regular checks at the vet (when he has his nails clipped, and in between if I have any concerns) and is in good health.

For many years the base of his cage was covered with newspaper, with barley straw on top. We have always used newspaper in his litter tray. When the pooing got out of hand, I removed the barley straw and left just the newspaper, and this solved the problem. However, over the past few weeks he has started weeing and pooing all over the cage. He does not have a UTI and is otherwise behaving totally normally. This morning I discovered that he had wee-ed in one of his (empty) food dishes! Yuck! It's a small dish and he is a medium-sized rabbit, so this is quite an achievement!

Any ideas what's going on?
Please help.
Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References: https://www.petforums.co.uk/threads/do-rabbits-get-dementia.465002/

Corporate Promotional Animation

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]