return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for Bion Terrarium Center
25 species of captive-bred tortoises
Click Here for Tortoise Town!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Boa . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept. 26, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  Midwest Herpetological Symposium - Sept. 28-30, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Amph. and Reptile Society Meeti - Sept. 28, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Knoxville - Sept. 29-30, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Baltimore - Sept. 29-30, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct. 03, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  Central Illinois Herp Society Meeting - Oct. 04, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct. 04, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiDay Columbus - Oct. 06, 2018 . . . . . . . . . .  ReptiCon Oklahoma City - Oct. 06-07, 2018 . . . . . . . . . . 

full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Click here for TortoiseTown
pool banner - $50 year

college acceptance rates

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Snakes - General Forum ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: stel at Fri Feb 16 04:44:00 2018  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by stel ]  

It is sad that articles like this get prominence. As the writer at dissertationwriter.org I'd say the content of the article just ratchets up parental worries because the reporter perpetuates the notion that only elite colleges matter.I have worked as a college counselor and teacher for years. In addition, I was admitted to Northwestern and Vanderbilt, along with several other Ivy League schools. I was neither rich nor "prepped." Students should not apply to these schools trying to "gimmick" or "play the odds" way in. Conduct research, write the application, visit the school if you can, or if you can not , don't sweat it---meet the admissions staff when they come to your area or be interviewed. For most of these schools, the essay, what the referees say, and the student interview make the biggest difference. Know why you want to go the school beyond its prestige. Most students under research them.Most colleges (of great quality) admit over 60% of applicants. There is no admission crisis; the article cries wolf.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: college acceptance rates - royalcar, Wed May 23 12:21:07 2018