return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

Baby Borneo Substrate and FEEDING HELP!!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Blood Pythons ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Mandapanda88 at Mon May 20 21:40:34 2019  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Mandapanda88 ]  

I just bought a 3 month old Borneo short tailed python. The person I bought her from told me she didnt feed her yet, even thought she is on schedule to now, because she didnt want to stress the snake out during the transition, which I understand and agree with. Problem is, she isnt eating. I've tried feeding her her normal diet, which is f/t adult mice, in her cage and leaving her alone. She hasn't touched any of them. She is in a tub with a hide box, big bowl of water and misted twice a day with a small heating pad on one side under the tub. Should I try live next?

Also, she came with the tub and has been on reptibark, but when I came home today to mist her down and check on her, she had a piece of bark wedged in one side of her mouth she could sput out. I had to hold her head and gently remove it. Shes back to her first self now, but I'm wondering if I should use a different substrate until she grows so she doesn't accidentally get bark stuck and choke. She is in a room that the door stays closed and theres no other foot traffic coming through when I'm gone.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]