return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Disturbing herp death...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rescue Discussion ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: PHFaust at Fri Jan 30 01:25:59 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by PHFaust ]  

>>Cindy,
>>
>>I am totally touched by that...I'm familiar with the rainbow bridge idea but had never heard that rescue version of it (I'm a big believer in adopting any tpye of pet), and I love it. It totally applies and I really appreciate the thought. It's nice to know (and I knew I'd find it here) that others take this situation seriously...it was a big joke around work not to tell me or I'd be contacting authorities and burying the animal (real funny...).
>>
>>On that topic, I hate to be a hypocryte, but the company I work for is a very small family owned business and I think they would freak if I contacted anyone about it (doubtful, but maybe the homeowner who sold the property already had?). Is there such thing as an anonymous report these days? I'm thinking I could call after we're done and out of there? I deserve any nasty reply anyone has to this hesitation on my part, but it's the only job I've got...
>>
>>Thanks again for the great reply.
>>
>>Beck (& the herps)

Sure thats what payphones are for. Not sure who owns the building now, but if it is the demo company, you may want to think twice. Instead consider offering a donation to a reptile rescue. I know from experience that reptile rescues RARELY get random donations and have high overhead costs. Feel free to contact me privatly if you need a reference to a good one in your area. I should either know of one or be able to check with my rescue cohorts and see if anyone can refer.

As to the feeling of loss so to speak. If you ever need somewhere to go and not feel like a 'freak' at the loss of your pet or an other pet (no matter what they are) check out our pet loss section here at pet hobbyist. We do offer nightly support chats.
-----
Cindy
PHFaust

Email Cindy

Land of the Outcasts!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Disturbing herp death... - cruisinbeck, Thu Jan 29 12:20:29 2004