return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Long Term Malnutrition

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rescue Discussion ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: DumGirl at Wed Aug 11 14:47:13 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by DumGirl ]  

Hi Everyone,
i'm new here, i have a yearling dumeril's ground boa, she is awesome, i got her from Tim Frazier last August.
Anyhow, my question is regarding 2 ball pythons that i found in the paper. i went to look at them, because i'm going to start homeschooling and my dum is a bit shy and balls are usually very laid back and great snakes for little people. So they were going to be class pets...
In the ad it says they are 5 years old, but upon further discovery i was then told they were closer to 3 years. But either way, they are the size of hatchlings. A boy bought them for pets and then left home, leaving them to his full time college sister and mother who hates snakes. They 'said' they feed them every 3 weeks, 1 mouse each, but that they always act like they are hungry, DUH!
Their necks to about the first 5 inches of their body is the size of a standard size pencil and the biggest part of their body is about the size of a nickel.
What are the long term effects of such malnutrition? Would these two balls ever come around and grow to their potential? Or will they more than likely have internal organ damage from starving for so long?

Please let me know asap i'd like to rescue them, but not if it will be heartbreak for me and the kiddos. You can e-mail me privately at JennifFrut@aol.com and thanks so much

Sincerely,
Jennifer

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Long Term Malnutrition - meretseger, Sun Aug 22 20:28:35 2004
>> Next Message:  RE: Long Term Malnutrition - Dove_3, Sun Sep 19 06:44:57 2004