return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

2 VERY SICK ACF, WHAT ELSR CAN I DO?

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Clawed Frogs/Surinam Toads ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: bkgirl at Fri Sep 3 15:13:12 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by bkgirl ]  

I Have 2 Albino African Clawed frogs. One male, one female. I came home after being gone for three days and both frogs were very sick. Both frogs are 2 years old. The females right arm is completely tripled in size. The bicept, forearm and all four fingers are very swollen red and slotchy. She looks like there is and open wound on her arm. Her belly is very bumpy like there is smothing protruding from the inside, like rocks. She has another wound on her leg and on her left foot the webbing in between two clawed toes looks like there is a rip then 2 abceses. The males back right thigh is red grey and swollen and also looks like it has rocks in it as well. He has various open wounds one on the thigh that is swollen one on his mouth and one on his nostril. He also has the same wound as the female on the left foot on the webbing in between the two clawed toes. I started them on tetracycline tablets dropped in the water and Melafix to help contain the other open wounds. That has been going on for six days now. They don't seem to be getting any better and the red is now dark grey color in the infected limbs seems worse. Thier behaviors include hang out at the surface a lot. Darting around when you walk by the tank but they are eating frozen blood worms when fed. Before I left I put about 20 rosy minow feeder fish for them to eat. 2 were left when I came home. Do you think the minows bite and injured the frogs thus causing the infections. What else can I do the help these frogs.
Thanks for listening
Jo

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: 2 VERY SICK ACF, WHAT ELSR CAN I DO? - goneXenopus, Sat Sep 4 20:44:38 2004