return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: It seems like it depends on who you talk to...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Venomoid ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: josephbrugh at Wed Sep 22 12:56:52 2004  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by josephbrugh ]  

I agree about the pit bull, but lets face it, is it different that we remove stink glads from skunks, Ferrets, ect.

As far as the dog issue, is it right to selectively breed dogs to get a agressive looking species that is kitten tame? we have done this through history, changing animals to better fit domestication is the "HUMAN WAY". I am not saying that i agree with this at all, wild is wild, but next time you pet your puppy on the head remember that he was made to kill and run in packs, we have just removed that part of the animal in order to better suite our needs(so you can have a fuzzy "handlable" pet).
this is an agrument that i have heard from alot of supporters of gland removal. Before you say it, I am aware that breeding is differnt than surgery. Unless you are married for a long time then breeding becomes to much like surgery.JK

The reason for asking the question is not to spark your "opinions", it is for everyone to relese the facts.
If you could not tell by the post, I do not care about your moral judgement against or for the surgery, just the facts you presented(and they are much appericated). So to Highlight further "I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS ON THE ISSUE, PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY, DONT WAST PRECIOUS MOMENTS TYPING HOW YOU FEEL, LIFE IS TOOOOOOO SHORT, AND I REALLY DO NOT CARE."

My reason for asking is simple, it is not that i am un capable of handling a animal with great care(venomous). I simply have found an animal that is exactly what i am looking for and the only one i have ever seen like it, but it is venomoid. This is where my concerns are placed. with the longterm survival of the animal i might drop some cash on.

CHEERS
J

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: FACT... - BRYAN139, Wed Sep 22 15:40:12 2004
>> Next Message:  RE: It seems like it depends on who you talk to... - cwgw1, Sat Dec 4 22:58:29 2004

<< Previous Message:  RE: It seems like it depends on who you talk to... - BRYAN139, Wed Sep 22 11:45:36 2004