return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Venomoid Gaboon

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Venomoid ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: GreggMM at Sat Jan 8 06:41:25 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by GreggMM ]  

I was not even going to answer this because of the good chance of it being a trollish post..... But I desided to do so on the off chance it is legit and to educate you alittle.... I will answer your questions and I have a few for you as well....

If the surgery is done legally by a VET, the animal is sedated and given the proper pain meds after the operation.... The problem is, the majority of the voids on the market are done by people/hackers that are not vets and do not have access to the proper meds and are also doing the operations illegaly with no regaurd for the snake..... They just want the cash..... Alot of venomoid snakes die during or right after the operation and some die later on due to other complications.... Some do live out their life with little to no problems..... Some will not aggree but vipers like gaboons DO need their venom to properly and fully digest their food..... I have seen this first hand and I have a necropsy done by a vet to help prove that.... I took in a void that was not doing well with its original owner..... The snake wound up dieing..... Its meals were not being digested fully from the start..... A snake will not be more or less aggressive because of the operation.... Generally, venomous snakes are calm for the most part...... the fact that a bite can kill you should be enough for someone not to handle them without the proper equipment..... But not everyone has the brain power or common inteligence to properly and safely keep venomous snakes..... You should also know that this operation is not 100%..... There have been many reported cases of a supposed void actually being hot.....

Now my questions to you...

Why do you want to keep a venomoid???? If you are not able to keep a fully intact animal, you should not be keeping it at all....

Do you know anything about the captive requirments to properly maintain the gaboon viper???? They are not as easy to keep as some might lead you to believe....

Are you even allowed to keep venomous where you live????? A venomoid gaboon is still a venomous species and are illegal to keep in areas where venomous keeping is restricted....

Do you have the proper tools and caging for the maintainance of a gaboon viper????? Even voids should be handled and caged with the same causion as if it was hot.....

Do you realize that a bite from a void gaboon or any voided hot, can cause a serious infection that can cause many problems????? Also as I stated, a void can still be hot..... When unlisenced persons do these hack jobs, there is no telling what mistakes they made.....

Are you willing to put your life in the hands of someone you do not know???? Are you willing to put your life in the hands of anyone period????

What if you are bitten and the snake turns out to still be hot???? Without a bite protcol and the proper AV, you are as good as dead.....

My advice to you is to get the proper training to keep venomous snakes and do not take short cuts..... Do not get into voids.... Do not support these hackers by buying animals from them..... If you are not ready for the reponsiblity and challenges of keeping a fully intact gaboon, you should not be keeping them at all.....

I hope I helped you out with some of your questions....

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  venomoids - hawiiangecko, Thu Mar 10 14:36:30 2005
<< Previous topic:  Gaboon - phreak, Thu Dec 9 23:13:21 2004