return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Venomoid Gaboon

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Venomoid ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: viperbitex at Sat Jan 8 13:59:15 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by viperbitex ]  

Thanks for your input! I know that their are some very sick people out there that do do hack job surgerys just for money, I wouldn't purchase an animal like a gaboon without personally speaking to the person, getting the phone number to the vet who would be doing the surgery, blah blah blah..I would treat it just like I would if I was getting a dog, making sure that it had some sort of papers, along with vet records. I also don't mind paying top dollar for an animal as long as I know that I'm getting exactly what I want. I also have a friend who milks snakes as part of his job, who I would ask to attempt to milk every now and then, just to make sure. I also have easy access to a herp vet. I have been keeping large snakes and lizards for a few years, so I know all about animals needing a very specific environment. This isn't something that I just up and decided I wanted to do last night, and this isn't something that I think that I will go out and buy tomorrow. As for getting bitten by a hot gaboon, like I said before I have a friend who Milks snakes as part of his job (he's apperenticing being a herp vet) so I know that their is antivenin avalable in case something bad happens. Even if the gaboon wasn't hot, those fangs are huge!! What you wrote back makes me think that mabye it isn't the right snake for me, because I deffinately would try to handle it and tame it down as much as possible. I know that there is a big chance of infection, but I have experience getting bitten by large reptiles and know how to care for the bites. Thank you for answering my questions, and in a few monsths when I'm ready to make the decision, who knows, mabye I'll be posting pictures!!
-----
Alone, alone, all, all alone. Alone on a wide, wide sea.
-Rime of the ancient Mariner

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Hide Replies ]

>> Next topic:  venomoids - hawiiangecko, Thu Mar 10 14:36:30 2005
<< Previous topic:  Venomoid Gaboon - viperbitex, Fri Jan 7 18:04:20 2005