return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
RodentPro.com - feeders for less!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

Tricks to finding lost snakes

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Escaped & Lost Herps ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: Pyro_Knoblochi at Mon Feb 28 16:35:52 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by Pyro_Knoblochi ]  

I was just reading in the kingsnake forum some stories about finding lost snakes.

One guy said he used a mouse to leave a sent trail from his room and bathroom out to the living room. He said he knew the snake was hungry and sure enough it worked.

Another story about a snake that excaped from a feeding box behind some cabinets. They put out a box/cage with a couple live mice in it and sure enough after a while he heard the snake trying to get to the mice.

My Mexican Black King has gotten away 3 times. All my fault, twice I left the lid off and one time I fell asleep with it curled around my neck.

My buddy reminded me to look under stuff. Sure enough I found him way in the back of my mothers closet under the last piece I was able to check and there he was all curled up.

Then the other two times I found him in my bathroom. Once under the rug (lucky I didnt step on him) and once in a basket of toiletries.

I got lucky -- I think my snake wants to be with me.

However I lost a baby Cal King this past December. I knew better then to keep him in my critter cage but I thought he was too big to escape thru an untight lid. I was wrong. I figure he is still hibernating and maybe I'll keep a cage of mice on the floor in hopes of catching him as the weather warms up.

Wish me luck. Oh and good luck with finding your lost pet.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]