return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

Missing Corn! Not much time to find! moving soon! help!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Escaped & Lost Herps ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: gretzkyrh4 at Wed May 4 16:01:54 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by gretzkyrh4 ]  

Hi,
After about 7 months of exposure to my herp collect, my girlfriend recently decided to purchase her first snake. An '04 cornsnake. It is calm, feeds well, and is in relatively good health.
This week her sister is in town visiting and somehow last night her sister managed to dislodge the top of the cage and the snake escaped. I have personally dealt with plenty of missing snakes, but in this case things are slightly different. As of this Saturday, we will be graduating and my girlfriend is scheduled to move out of her apartment the following day.
I have searched the room completely through, as she was in the process of packing and have not found anything. My best guess is it made its way through a small hole in the drywall about 2 feet from where the cage is.
So far I have placed its heat pad and hide with a fresh killed pinky inside, just outside of the hole and also swiped the pinky along the walls of the room leading to the heat pad in an attempt to form a scent trail. I know this has worked for other people in the past, and today is feeding day so it should be hungry, but does anyone have any suggestions should this not work. Time is running short and I would hate for her to lose her first pet herp.
Thanks in advance,
Chris
gretzkyrh4@yahoo.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Missing Corn! Not much time to find! moving soon! help! - gretzkyrh4, Sun May 8 09:27:57 2005