return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Polar Rodents - US based provider of frozen rats and mice.
pool banner - $50 year

My Redfoot is hilarious!

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Red & Yellow Foot Tortoises ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: jezefairy at Thu Jun 23 22:10:01 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by jezefairy ]  

Okay MY REDFOOT IS AMAZING! I absoloutely adore my new baby! I ditched the walnut sand and replaced it with organic topsoil and a bit of cypress mulch. How much food is to much because she REALLY likes to eat. How do I know when she's full?
This little guy (or gal) who I've fondly been calling Alice, is absoloutely hilarious. She came straight out of her packaging and just started prancing around a very large tupperware soaking dish. I was worried she wouldn't be doing so well because of her trip and age. As soon as she had a little water she was raring to rock and roll. I never expected her to be so friendly and personable. I'd heard redfoots were full of personality but I had no idea they were so attentive and hyper!
I offered her a little romaine just to see if she would eat after her hard trip and she quickly wobbled over and chowed down out of my hand. I took her to her new garden where she chomped on clover and explored her new yard.
When I put her in her new indoor home she went straight to her food dish and chowed down on some Mazuri, squash and tomatoes! She has crawled around eating anything and everything! This afternoon I put a little fruit in her dish for her to snack on later. Alice coldn't wait for later, she came wobbling from the other end of her enclosure and scarfed down her fruit and had another soak.
I removed her tortoise pellets because I was worried she'd eat herself sick. She has now buried herself in moist earth and fallen asleep in her hide.
I've read tortoises are addictive and if things keep going this way I'm going to have a yard dedicated to them! Thank you so much for all of your feedback and help. I thought I'd studied everything possible about my redfoot but when you actually have that little baby in your hands it's easy to feel dumb and ill prepared! Thanks again for humoring a newbie!

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  RE: Baby Redfoot eating everything!!!! HELP - Tim Madsen, Thu Jun 23 20:24:54 2005