return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Rodent Pro
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Quick questions for all venomoid fans......

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Venomoid ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: iceyesnteeth at Wed Jun 29 10:34:27 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by iceyesnteeth ]  

i dont own a venomoid but i would be happy to purchase one if they where available with eyelash or other small arborial vipers.my reasoning is that i have a 3 year old son,who i already have a hard time keeping out of my chondro tanks.i would never keep a hot snake in the same house as my child and if the only way i can own one of my dream snakes is to alter it to make it safer,then thats what i would do.and is regards to your"what if the suggery didnt take,ect,,i get robbed and sold a hot instead.bla bla bla....well,my responce is that i have kept and bred snakes for the past 15 years.i think i know how to tell if my snake is deadly or not.another one i love is,well the snake still has teeth and can take out your sons eye.well so does my dog who also happens to be altered surgicaly to allow it to be less aggressive towards humans(neutered),as well as over 75 percent of all the pets americans keep in their house.i think the surgery is a precaution ,not a perfect solution,but what is.if your only concern about the surgery is that it is inhumane,well i say if thats what you think,then you shouldnt keep animals in cages period.i dont think the snake crawled into your house and into a glass prison on its own.i eat meat,i own pets,i wear leather,i go fishing,and ill sure as hell remove a venom gland on a snake if it would save my sons life.from what i have seen,after the surgery,most of these animals go on living and eating normally.one of the biggest signs of a reptile in stress,is going off food.all the people i know who own venomoids,say that their snakes happily feed on their own and never have had to be force fed.

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Quick questions for all venomoid fans...... - devenomized, Wed Jun 29 11:11:24 2005

<< Previous Message:  Quick questions for all venomoid fans...... - bthacker, Wed Jun 29 00:21:51 2005