return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Whipsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Sept 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Sep 27, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Sept 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Sep 28, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Tucson Herpetological Society Meeting - Sept 30, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Oct 01, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Oct 03, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Oct 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Oct 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Oct 15, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Join USARK - Fight for your rights!
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
click here for Healthy Herp
pool banner - $50 year

Some questions about the Limburg amels and anerys...

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Rosy Boas ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: James Wilson at Mon Sep 19 12:11:54 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by James Wilson ]  

Some questions about the Limburg amels and anerys...

I cannot seem to get straight locality information on these animals to save my life. Since Limburg is not actually a place, but a person, I think it is very easy to get confused and over look the actual locality. I have heard Temecula, Winchester, and Hemet all cited as the locality for these Boas. It cannot be all of them now can it? It is my understanding that the original Coastal Amel was discovered in Near Vail Lake. Ok, if that is the case, then was it just bred to animals from the surrounding areas like Hemet and Temecula? It is my understanding that it has. If this is true then how can it be called a local pure animal (especially when we are splitting hairs over in Whitewater with Morongo and Verbenia)? Vail lake is 15 miles from Hemet, and 10 miles from Temecula, and Temecula is 20 miles from Hemet, and that is all supposed to be one local? Yet the Verbenia exit is 1 mile from the Whitewater exit, and they boarder each other with no natural or artificial barrier, and the same is true with Morongo, which sits right at Whitewater's northern edge. So how is it that the coastal albinos are considered local if their local seems to keep changing? It seems to me that they are a taxonomically pure coastal amel Rosy Boa, but not local.

Now can anyone actually tell me where the original Limburg anery was found? I have been told Temecula, but according to ads that I am seeing it is from Hemet, but then the ad says that the Limburg amels are from Hemet as well. Isn't that just a little too convenient? Why can't we ever get a straight answer about the localities on these animals? Something has to give. It seems to me that the facts seem to keep changing in order to please popular opinion. In addition, how are the double hets from these animals supposed to be pure local if it keeps changing? And how are they any more local pure than the Snows that were created by breeding the Morongo anery into the Whitewater amel when Whitewater and Morongo are connected and have no natural barriers? I have seen posters chastise the breeders of the Morongo/Whitewater Snows, while bowing down to others that seem to give locality information that is vague at best and that also seems to change whenever it is convenient. It makes no sense to me at all. What is even funnier is that people are concerned about local and are willing to streach the truth about local in regard to a designer snake in which the goal is to remove all color and pattern in the first place. What exactly is the point with that?
-----
James Wilson
Pacific Coast Herpetological
www.pacificcoastherpetological.com

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

>> Next Message:  RE: Some questions about the Limburg amels and anerys... - markg, Mon Sep 19 14:55:42 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: Some questions about the Limburg amels and anerys... - SaltonSea, Tue Sep 20 12:11:54 2005 image in post
>> Next Message:  RE: Some questions about the Limburg amels and anerys... - Desertboas, Tue Sep 20 14:30:56 2005
>> Next Message:  RE: Some questions about the Limburg amels and anerys... - Ryan Young, Tue Sep 20 15:34:24 2005