return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Kingsnake . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research
full banner - advertise here .50¢/1000 views
Layne Labs - Natural Diets for Pets & Wildlife
pool banner - $50 year

RE: Answering some questions.....

[ Login ] [ User Prefs ] [ Search Forums ] [ Back to Main Page ] [ Back to Viperidae ] [ Reply To This Message ]
[ Register to Post ]

Posted by: wstreps at Mon Oct 17 01:19:24 2005  [ Report Abuse ] [ Email Message ] [ Show All Posts by wstreps ]  

Matt , Hummm.......I guess your Fly by Night reptile Dealer remarks were directed towards me then. If that`s what you think then you could use some education .Lets begin .There`s nothing fly by night about me. A quick review in your own words you brought in some neat new bothrops and because you paid more in Costa Rica then I was selling them for here you got stuck and made a sour grapes post about how the market was screwed .For you maybe. Not a word in that post about the animals ,concerns about the danger of some kid impulse buying or anything of that nature only your complaint about not being able to get your asking price.It was about the money that you didn`t make. I sold CB asper for 60.00 at Daytona because that`s what I wanted for them Period. They were all very nice animals and also fairly common so I asked what I thought was a fair price. Because you were trying get three times what I was asking for the same animals and couldn`t isn`t any concern of mine and if you think your animals were worth three times as much that`s only your opinion. For me. It doesn`t matter what you, your buddy`s , Dean ,Mark or anyone else sells their animals for it`s their business ,their animals and I could care less . I`m sure not going to act like a no class cry baby because I don`t agree with their prices. So you thought the animals were worth more then they were based on someone else`s prices maybe next time you want to try and make a little change on the side you should do your homework better that way you won`t get stuck and shoot yourself in the foot. The best advice I could ever give anyone who wants to try and hustle a few surplus animals on the side for extra cash with out knowing what their doing is don`t. And com`on who`s kidding who that`s exactly what you were trying to do. So it didn`t pan out lot`s of new guys make that mistake consider it a lesson learned and don`t cry about it by trying to knock the other guy or their animals you only make yourself look bad.

As for the Boas once again you went out of your way to try and make the other guy look bad by making a post implying that people are getting ripped off by being over charged . Why? Jealousy, greed got stuck again ? Why not post it on the boa forum? What did you end up selling your 10 boas for ? To you one boa is like the next after all Costa Rican boas, Honduran boas, Nicaraguan boas, all the same to you. Maybe to a guy who dosen`t have any idea about boas they might be but to some one who knows what their doing the differences are night and day between not only all of these localities but also in what makes one specific animal more desirable then another. Who cares if the latin is the same the animal is different. Believe me the boa guys know what`s up and what they want. The prices I charged for my Costa Rican boas were based on more then just the fact that they were Costa Rican Boas it was because of specific individual traits .The overall quality. I guess someone who feels that there`s no difference and wouldn't pay a nickel for one over the other wouldn`t notice but to those that do know well ....your the sucker it all depends on how you look at it . Again the true motive is clear. PUHLeeessssssssssssssssss Ernie Eison

Ps " Then again, I wouldn't pay a nickle for a pie-bald ball python either....well, maybe I would as a feeder for cobras or Cribos. " Matt Harris

I find that hard to believe. Based on past performance I think you would start posting on the Ball Python Forum complaining how Pete Kahl is ruining the market for you. LOL

Ernie Eison

[ Reply To This Message ] [ Subscribe to this Thread ] [ Show Entire Thread ]

<< Previous Message:  Answering some questions..... - Matt Harris, Sun Oct 16 19:28:08 2005